Vegetable Tahiri or Veg tehri recipe with step by step photos and video recipe: – Vegetable Taheri is very famous, aromatic, spicy and one-pot rice recipe from Uttar Pradesh.
Vegetable Tahiri or veg tehri video recipe and step wise photos: – Sharing a very delicious, flavorful and quite comforting one pot meal from North Indian cuisine OR Awadh cuisine. Mixed vegetable tahiri recipe, an easy to make yet very delicious, filling and comforting one pot rice dish made with loads of vegetables. Tahiri is similar to pulao, made with whole spices, vegetables but the dum cooking method makes it different from pulao.
To make tahiri recipe or veg tahiri recipe as shared here, you can use your choice of veggies that go into the making of pulao or biryani like potatoes, cauliflower, peas and carrot. Soak basmati rice in water for at least 1 hour ( I soaked for 2 hours) to get fluffy, non sticky and long rice grains that make tahiri visually appealing too.
I always love to have rice with my homemade plain yogurt. One-pot meals are time saver in your busy days. I am a bit lazy person so I like such time saver recipes.
vegetable Tahiri recipe- Spiced one-pot rice recipe with mix vegetables and whole spices. A specialty from Awadhi cuisine.
- 1/4 cup potatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots + capsicum chopped
- 2 tbsp green peas
- 2 cups water to boil veggies
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp cumins
- 1 tsp ginger-chili-garlic paste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 small tomato chopped
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- fresh coriander chopped,for garnishing
- 5-6 nos mint leaves chopped [optional]
- 3 cups water to boil veggies and rice
- a pinch of red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
wash your veggies well. take a deep pan. boil water first and add veggies. parboil it.
Drain the veggies and keep it aside.
now, take a nonstick pan and heat oil.
add cumins.when they crackle, add cinnamon stick and ginger chili garlic paste.
Add onions and saute all together.
Add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and garam masala. mix well.
Add parboiled vegetables and mix well.
add soaked rice and mix. add water.
cover the pan with lid and bring the mixture to boil well.
sprinkle some coriander and mint leaves.
serve hot with raita OR yogurt
Vegetable Tahiri recipe with step by step photos:-
- Heat oil in nonstick pan.
- Add cumins, hing, cinnamon stick ,cardamom, and bay leaf. Add ginger chili garlic paste and saute it.
- Add sliced onions and saute it for a while.
- Add tomatoes, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder,garam masala and mix.
- Add parboiled vegetables.and mix it well.
- add soaked rice and water.
- cover with lid.cook for 7 mins on medium flame.
- sprinkle some coriander and mint leaves.
- Serve hot.
If you found this
post useful,Do send your feed-backs to me.You can Rate Recipes by giving Star to them. I would really
love it if you share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or
Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it”
“share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons Above/Below the post.It will keep me motivated.
Or Join this site Directly By giving Email Below