street style tava pulao recipe | mumbai tawa pulao recipe with detailed photos and video recipe. Tawa pulao is basically a famous type of pulao recipe cooked with pavbhaji masala. Tava pulao served with pavbhaji usually. This is a famous mumbai street food recipe.
street style tava pulao recipe | mumbai tawa pulao recipe with detailed photos and video recipe.
This delicious pulao is prepared in advance by the vendor and shares a place on the pav bhaji tawa.These vendors have a huge tawa on which they used to make Pav bhaji, Masala Pav, and pulao.
The specialty of this pulao is Pavbhaji Masala. Cooked rice is seasoned with Pavbhaji masala ( Buy Here ). This is very similar recipe to Masala Bhat but the flavors of the Pavbhaji masala adds Unique taste and aroma to this recipe.
Though it can be served with any gravy- subji but it goes best with Pav-Bhaji. Traditionally, it is made on tava (buy tava Here ) but here I prepare this dish using normal kadhai.
recipe card for street style tava pulao recipe:
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp ginger chili garlic powder
- 1/4 cup onions chopped | 1 small
- 1/2 cup green peas boiled
- 1/2 cup potatoes boiled and diced
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp pavbhaji masala
- a pinch of turmeric
- 2 tbsp water to cook masalas
Heat oil in a pan.
when they crackle add ginger chili garlic paste.
add chopped onions.
add salt and pavbhaji masala.
mix it well.
add boiled peas and potatoes.
add water and cook the mixture for 2 mins.
add cooked rice.
cook the mixture for 2 mins.
- you can add red chili powder if you want to make it bit spicy.
how to make mumbai tawa pulao recipe with step by step photos:
- Heat oil in a pan.
- add cumin.
- When they crackle add ginger chili garlic paste.
- add chopped onions and saute.
- add salt and pav bhaji masala.
- mix it well.
- add boiled peas.
- add boiled potatoes.
- add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- mix it.
- add cooked rice.
- add water and mix it.
- cook the mixture for 2 mins.
- serve hot.