mawa rice kheer | how to make rice kheer recipe with detailed photos and video recipe. Kheer is a typical Indian rice pudding recipe served chilled as well as warm. Kheer is prepared with rice, sometimes vermicelli or even with sago balls / sabudana. I am sharing the CLASSIC rice kheer version here. traditionally mawa is not added in the recipe, but I am adding here.
mawa rice kheer | how to make rice kheer recipe with detailed photos and video recipe. I am such a big fan this simple rice kheer.This is the main reason I don’t try any variations in kheer. Kheer is Holy “prasad recipe” which majority of us offer to god on various occasions.
Kheer is a rice pudding from the cuisine of the Indian Subcontinent, made by boiling rice, broken wheat, tapioca, or vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavoured with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashews, pistachios or almonds. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert. It is also known in some regions as payasam, payasa, gil-e-firdaus and firni.
I have flavored my kheer with mawa and saffron.this is a festive season and I think you can try this kheer recipe as well.
I really like quite a thick kheer so I always boil my rice along with milk so that it works on both sides. It thickens milk as well as helps to cook rice.
You can use any type of rice expect Boiled rice. I have used regular basmati rice here.
For best result i recommend you to soak rice for 20 min at-least.
recipe card for mawa rice kheer recipe:
- 1/4 cup rice
- 1/2 cup water to boil rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tbsp khoya / mawa
- 2 tbsp mix dry fruits *as per your liking
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- sugar to taste
- 5-6 saffron threads/kesar optional
add soaked rice.
add water and par boil rice.
When the rice is soft enough add milk.
boil the mixture for 10-15 min atleast.
Boil the mixture till it remains half in quantity.
add khoya / mawa.
add sugar to taste.
add some dryfruits of your choice.
serve chilled or warm.
how to make rice kheer recipe with step by step photos:
- heat pan.
- add soaked rice.
- add water and par boil rice.
- When the rice is soft enough add milk.
- boil the mixture for 10-15 min atleast.
- Boil the mixture till it remains half in quantity.
- add khoya / mawa.
- add sugar to taste.
- add some dryfruits of your choice.
- sprinkle saffron/kesar.
- serve chilled or warm.
More From the Blog:
- Mango Milkshake recipe, how to make mango milkshake at home
- Mava Gulab jamun recipe, how to make gulab jamun with khoya/mava
- parsi brown rice recipe | how to make parsi style brown pulao recipe | parsi recipes
- no bake brownie energy bites recipe | Gluten Free No Bake Brownie Energy Bites ( GF)
- aloo biryani recipe | how to make baby potatoes biryani | potato biryani recipe