Kurkuri bhindi recipe | bhindi fry | crispy okra fry recipe with a detailed photo and video recipe: – deep fried okra or bhindi recipe. This is a spicy and “chatpatta” recipe made with gram flour and regular Indian spices. This recipe can serve as a side dish for your lunch or dinner. But I like to have this as a snack with my all time favorite “masala chai”.😉
Kurkuri bhindi recipe | bhindi fry | crispy okra fry recipe with a detailed photo and video recipe: – Bhindi is known as “okra” or “gumbo” or “ladies finger”. ” Kurkuri ” is a Hindi word which translates to “crispy” in English. I don’t know about the history of this veggie. I am still searching about how it comes to India.I will notify you guys once I got some valuable info. till then you can check about Okra HERE.
Coming back to the recipe, This recipe is a no onion, no garlic recipe. This recipe can be prepared in minutes with ladies finger. basically, okra’s are thinly sliced and deseeded which is then coated with besan and dry spice powder. once properly coated, it is deep fried till crispy golden brown in color. The tangy spices added makes it lip-smacking and delicious. It is super easy and quick recipe to prepare.
Rice flour can be added along with gram flour to maintain crunchiness of bhindi for a longer time.I have not added it because I served it immediately. I have used Chat masala and amchur powder for tanginess.
Usually, I sprinkle some chat masala and black salt on the top at a time of serving as it enhances the taste of the crispy bhindi.
Recipe card for kurkuri bhindi or crispy okra below:
Spicy , tangy and crunchy deep fried okra/bhindi recipe which is perfect for a side dish as well as a snack.
- 250 gm fresh bhindi /okra thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder/amchur
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala optional
- 1+1/2 tbsp gram flour / besan
- 1 tsp water
- oil to deep fry
- black salt to sprinkle ,optional
Take a mixing bowl.Add sliced bhindi into that.
add red chilli powder,turmeric powder,coriander powder,amchur and chat masala.
add gram flour .
add water and mix it well.
heat oil in nonstick pan.
gently put bhindi into that.
fry bhindi on medium flame.
fry them until golden brown and crisp.
sprinkle some black salt and chaat masala at time of serving.
Kurkuri bhindi recipe | bhindi fry | crispy okra fry recipe with step by step photos:-
- take a mixing bowl. Add sliced bhindi/okra in it.
- Add red chili powder,turmeric powder and coriander powder.
- Add amchur and chat masala.
- mix it well.
- Add water.
- mix it well.
- heat oil in non stick pan.
- once the oil is hot enough, add bhindi.
- fry them on medium flame.
- fry them until golden brown.
- serve hot.
- sprinkle chaat masala and black salt at the time of serving.
More From the Blog:
- crispy corn kernels , how to make crispy corns
- Maru’s bhajia recipe | crispy potato fritters | maru na bhajiya
- Kanda bhaji recipe , onion pakora recipe | how to make kanda bhaji
- aloo tikki recipe, aloo patties recipe | crispy potato pattie recipe
- Batata vada recipe, how to make gujarati style batata vada