methi thepla recipe | gujarati methi na thepla recipe | methi ka thepla with detailed photos and video recipe: – Gujarati Methi thepla is a delicious Indian bread version. The recipe is made from whole wheat flour and some regular spices. The fresh fenugreek leaves are the main ingredient in this recipe.This thepla is a healthy recipe for your snack or meal.this recipe is usually served with pickle and yogurt.
methi thepla recipe | gujarati methi na thepla recipe | methi ka thepla with detailed photos and video recipe: – Those who are new to the blog, let me tell you- I am gujarati. there is no surprise that thepla is one of our favorite meal. we used to prepare this thepla 2 times in a week. Mr. husband is a die heart fan of thepla and so that I. So, i am happy to share my version of this classic recipe on this blog.
The origin of Thepla is Gujarat and It is our staple diet.Theplas are healthy and are great to carry in lunch boxes, while trekking, traveling Or eat at home. You can find some minor variations in thepla in most of the Gujarati households.
The secret of thepla recipe is fresh fenugreek leaves which is known as “Methi” in Hindi. while the fenugreek leaves are considered to be bitter in taste, it has several heath benefits to offer especially with methi thepla recipe. firstly, it helps in improving digestion and appetite. it is full of antioxidants and fiber, which eventually removes all toxins from our body. secondly, fenugreek leaves help in reducing body weight and can be easily included in the diet for weight watchers. it is also considered to be a good remedy for menstrual disorders especially the pain and the cramps. lastly, it also helps to cure hair loss disorder and helps to retain the glow on skin.
besides, some important tips and suggestion for a perfect methi thepla recipe. firstly, soak the fenugreek leaves in warm water for a minimum of 15 minutes. this ensures to reduce the bitterness taste of fenugreek leaves. thepla has to be fried on medium to high flame and not on low flame. on low flame, the thepla would turn hard and brittle. adding curd is optional while kneading the dough. however, curd helps to make thepla soft, but skip it if you are vegan.
I used to prepare this 2 times in a week so, I keep my flour mix ready. I have a ready mixture of whole wheat flour and gram flour. my measurement for the flour mix is 1 cup wheat flour + 1tbsp gram flour.
Recipe card for gujarati methi thepla recipe:-
traditional gujarati flat bread recipe made whith fresh methi leaves and spices.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp gram flour / besan
- 1 tbsp curd / yogurt optional
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 cup fresh fenugreek leaves / methi chopped
- 1 tsp garlic chutney
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 1 spoon oil to knead dough
- water as per need to prepare dough
- oil to roast theplas
take a large mixing bowl.
add curd, flour,gram flour,salt,turmeric powder,red chili powder,asafoetida , Methi leaves and garlic chutney.
add oil and start preparing the dough.
add water as per your need and prepare a soft dough.
add 1 tbsp oil and knead your dough until smooth.
take a portion of dough and prepare small ball.
Roll the ball to a circle to prepare a flat roti like bread.
Place the flat roti you prepared.
flip over and spread oil on the thepla. roast it on medium flame.
flip the other side. spread oil on the other side.
roast thepla on both sides until golden brown.
serve with curd and pickle.
- Thepla can be stored for 2-3 days. You should AVOID YOGURT if you are planning to store it for 2-3 days.
methi thepla recipe | Gujarati methi na thepla recipe | methi ka thepla recipe with step by step photos:-
- Take a mixing bowl first.
- Add curd and flour in it.
- add salt,turmeric powder,red chili powder and asafoetida.
- add methi leaves and mix.
- add 1 spoon oil and start preparing dough.
- add water as per your need.
- prepare a soft dough. add 1 spoon oil and knead your dough until smooth.
- take a portion of dough and make a small ball.
- start rolling the small ball to a medium circle in order to prepare medium theplas.
- heat tava.
- place your thepla .
- spread oil on both side.
- roast both the sides until golden brown.
- These theplas can be stored for 2-3 day in room temperature. Please AVOID YOGURT if you are planning to store it for more than a day.
More From the Blog:
- Tomato Methi pualo recipe , how to make methi tomato rice
- garlic naan recipe | garlic butter naan recipe on tawa- stove top
- Dal dhokli recipe , how to make gujarati dal dhokli
- Batata vada recipe, how to make gujarati style batata vada
- aloo cheese paratha recipe , cheese paratha recipe