Gujarati style batata vada recipe : – Batata vada is quite famous recipe in india.It is the most delicious snack recipe which goes best along with tea/chai. In Mumbai, Vada is served along with pav.Well, Mumbai-style variation is known as vada pav which I have already shared on the blog before.
because we have a number of different cuisines, each region has its own signature taste.
Gujarati style batata vada is a bit different recipe from Mumbai-style batata vada.however the procedure is same.
This Gujarati style batata vada has little bit sweetness , sourness and spiciness. Fresh pomegranate seeds adds a unique crunch to the recipe.
I apologize for not sharing the step wise pictures at this moment. I will update with pics soon.
Batata vada is quite famous recipe in India.It is the most delicious snack recipe which goes best along with tea/chai.
- 2 large potatoes boiled &mashed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger chili garlic paste
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- oil to deep fry vadas
- 1 cup gram flour /besan
- a pinch of turmeric powder / haldi
- 1/2 cup water
- a pinch of salt
Take a mixing bowl and add gram flour/besan , salt and turmeric powder.
Slowly add water and mix well.
Make sure to avoid lumps.
Keep the batter aside.
Take a mixing bowl. Add boiled potato and mash it well.
Add salt,sugar, lemon juice,garam masala, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.
Now, take a small portion of the potato mixture and make a fine ball.
repeat the process with the remaining mixture.
Keep the potato balls aside.
Heat oil in kadai.
when the oil is hot enough,take potato ball and dip it into the gram flour batter.
Gently put this dipped potato ball in hot oil.
deep fry until golden brown.
repeat the process with all remaining balls.
serve hot with tea.
More From the Blog:
- Maru’s bhajia recipe | crispy potato fritters | maru na bhajiya
- aloo tikki recipe, aloo patties recipe | crispy potato pattie recipe
- Kanda Batata Poha Recipe| Onion Potato Poha Recipe,how to make Kanda Batata Poha at home
- methi thepla recipe | gujrati methi na thepla recipe | methi ka thepla recipe
- vegetable cutlet recipe, how to make veg cutlet | veg patties video recipe