Recipe: Yellow Moong Dal Subji In Gujrati style, how to make maag ni chadi daalPriya Joshi | May 7, 2015 | 3 Comments so far
This is very Simple recipe you can find in most of the Gujarati families During Summers.This Subji comes in Dry Dubji catagory.My Dadi used to make this Simple dish with exotic flavors for me.
We make This subji along with Aamras , Puri ,Traditional Bhrawan Subji, Daal and Rice. AS you will see here,The process of this subji as well as the ingredients being used are very simple-No Onion No Garlic. So Jains can also make this recipe.
This recipe is widely known as " Chutti mag ni dal", "Mag ni chadi dal" OR "Gujarati yellow moong dal dry"
Here i am sharing Detailed recipe. i hope you will like this.
|Preparation Time:||Cooking Time:||Total:|
|20-25 mins||15-20 mins||35-40 mins|
Main Ingredient : Yellow Gram Split / Moong dal
- Yellow Gram Split - 1 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 5 nos
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander - for garnishing
- Water - 2 cups approx
- Soak Yellow Gram for atleast 20 mins.
- Now Heat Oil in Pan.Add Mustard Seeds,Cumin Seeds,Curry leaves and Asafoetida.
- Now Add Split Gram and roast for Half mins.
- Add 1 Cup water and all Masalas.
- Boil them well until soft.
- Garnish with Coriender.
- Serve Hot.
- Do not use all amount of water at first. Boil your dal and check if More water required. If yes then and then add .