Recipe : Watermelon Panna / how to make Watermelon Panna / Kalingar Panna / Spiced Watermelon drinkPriya Joshi | Apr 9, 2015 | 2 Comments so far
This is summer and sun is staring to boil. Heat and humidity are just increasing day by day with each each morning sunrise.Chilled drinks is what we just need .So today i have for you all a very refershing ,cooling and healthy...You all have heard about aam panna / Ambe panna / Keri panna etc.
In this summer i tried something new , I just want to make panna as well as i don't want to make it regular So i tried with Watermelon.
So The recipe of the day is Watermelon Panna/Kalingar Panna
- Watermelon ,chopped- 1 small size
- Salt - to taste
- Black salt- a pinch
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp(Optional)
- Ginger ,chopped - 1 tbsp
- Mint leaves, fresh - 8
- Heat pan and add chopped watermelon.
- Boil them for 8-10 mins.your watermelon will start reducing its juice.
- Now in Mixture jar /Blender, add ginger,mint leaves,boiled watermelon and churn them well.
- If you don't like chunks in your drink then strain juice otherwise just put it in freeze.
- At the time of serving,add Salt ,Black salt and pinch of red chilli powder.
- Mix them well and serve Cold.
- I use glass rimming technique here.
- You can avoid red chilli powder.
- You can add ginger at the time of boiling but i recommend you to add half amount of fresh ginger at the time you churn your mixture. it enhance the flavors..