Here is another chat recipe today- Bhel puri.
It is very famous street food made with puffed rice,vegetables and sauces.Basically There are two types of bhelpuri-Dry bhel Puri and Wet Bhel .
I am presenting Wet Bhel Puri recipe here as chutneys are added.In dry bhel,simply you don't add chutneys.
bhel is usualy eaten with fried puries or Papdi. you can check my Papdi chat recipe too which is a bit different .
- Puffed Rice - 2 cups
- Sev - 4 tbsp
- Papdis - as per your need
- Potatoes,Boiled and mashed - 1/2 cup
- Tempered Moong - 1/2 cup
- Salt - to taste
- Onion,chopped - 1 medium
- Tomatoes, chopped - 2 medium
- Garlic Chutney - 1/2 tbsp
- Coriander-mint chutney - 2 tbsp
- Tamarind Chutney - 3 tbsp
- coriander leaves, chopped - for garnishing
- Naylon Sev - for garnishing
- Raw mango - for garnishing (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix them well.
- Garnish with sev,Coriander leaves and raw mango.
- Serve Immediatly.
- Nylon sev is a very thin variety of deep fried besan sev used as a topping for chaats. It is readily available at most provision stores.
- You can check my tutorial on How to make besan sev at home.