It is said that chats are invented by mughals. I really don't know about the origin,but whatever it is,they gave us such an awesome recipes.. When i eat any chat recipes ,The moment i ate i truly feel that This is heaven on earth maaannnnnn.......
Today I am here with amazing,mouth watering recipe,I guess every one likes chaat.my today's recipe is Papri Chat.
Papri chat is a north Indian fast food. Chaat- is used to describe a range of snacks and fast food dishes. Papri is crisp fried dough wafers made from refined flour and oil. In papri chaat,the papris are served with boiled potatoes,chilis Tamarind chutney toped with 'sev'... check Out my recipe -How to make besan sev at home.
Coming back to our recipe,for papri chaat we need,
- Papri - I use garden Bombay puri
- Boiled,mashed potato - 1 medium size
- Boiled moong whole/green gram - 1/2 cup
- Tomato,finely chopped - 1 medium size
- Onion , finely chopped - 1 medium Size
- Salt to taste
- Chat masala - pinch / as per your choice
- Tamarind chutney - as per need
- Coriender-mint chutney - as per need
- Garlic Chutney - as per need
- Sev - 4 tbsp,approx( depends on you,how much you like sev )
- Tempered Moong - 1 - 2 cup approx
- Arrange papdies in plate.
- Now spread Mint Chutney or Garlic Chutney or both for better taste.( in below picture I spread only garlic chutney as I want little bit spicy).
- Now spread potatoes and moong evenly on papries.
- Add some chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Again add Tamarind chutney, Mint Chutney and Garlic Chutney.
- On the top, add sev.
- Sprinkle some Chat masala.
- Sprinkle some coriender .
- Taaadaaaaaa Chaat is readyyyyyyy.......
- You can add yoghurt/curd on the top of chaat .if you do so,add curd before chutneys.
- You can mix tempered moong and boiled potatoes rather to make different layers. Potatoes work as binding agent when mix with moong, for this recipe.