Today's recipe is dalwada..dalwada is an Indian recipe served as a snack.Chana Daal is the main and only ingredient with spices in this recipe but there is an another version of Dalwada which is Made with MoongDal.
Dalwada made with moongdal is very famous in Gujarat state.
Dalwada usually serves as snack in Rainy season with Tea. Today I am sharing Chana Daal version of daal wada.
For that we need,
- Chana Daal/Bengal Gram - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Water -4 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Onion ,grated - 1 medium size
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger / chili paste - 1 tbsp
- Coriander , chopped - 2 tbsp
- Oil - for deep frying
- Soak Chana daal in 4 cups of water for 2 hours. And then drain chana daal.
- Add this chana daal ,salt ,Ginger-Chili paste, and 2 tbsp water into mixture jar and make a paste of them.
- Pour this mixture in a bowl and add grated onion,red chili powder and coriander and mix them well.
- Now heat oil in deep pan/kadhai.
- Divide this mixture in equal portion and roll them.flatten them slightly.fry this wada till Golden brown in color.
- Serve with tea, Coriender-mint Chutney.
- After soaking daal for 2 hours, we drain daal first and then after put it into mixture jar because we need really THICK batter.
- You can avoid RED CHILI POWDER.
Don't forget to like foodandmoreblog on facebook and subscribe foodandmoreblog for updates and also share your recipes and ideas on Facebook page and in the comment box given below.