Curd rice recipe,how to make south indian yogurt ricePriya Joshi | Feb 15, 2015 | 4 Comments so far
How's you all???
Today I am sharing with you all one of my favorite recipe-Curd Rice.As we all know that yougurt has many health benifits,we must include yoghurt as a part in our meal. HERE are some of benefits.
Now getting back to our recipe,curd rice is close to every south Indian's heart,specially to brahmin.I have also heard that this recipe is one of the chief offering to god Shiva in many temples.
|New Picture of the recipe|
- Rice,cooked- 1 cup or 1+1/2 cup
- Yoghurt/Dahi - 2 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Mustard seeds(Rai)- 1 tsptsp
- Urad daal /spilt black lentils - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves/Kari patta - 4-5 leaves
- Chana daal/spilt Bengal gram - 1/4 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Green chilli- 1 small ,finely chopped
- Combine rice and yoghurt in bowl,add salt & sugar and keep it aside.
- Now heat oil in pan,add mustard seeds
- When seeds crackle,add chana daal,urad daal and roast it very well.
- Now add curry leaves,green chilli,saute for a while and remove flame.
- Mix this tadka in our rice bowl very well.
- Garnish with coriender.
|New Picture of the Recipe|