Are you getting bored with regular bottle gourd recipes ????? I have a solution.Today I am sharing most traditional,easy, quick ,tempting,namkeen,healthy,less oil gujrati recipe.The name of the recipe is Muthiya.Like I said,Muthiya is a traditional gujju snack recipe which oftenly been taken as a light dinner in the region.
Muthiya is a great combination of grated vegetables,diffent flours and spices.It can be made in two different ways - steamed or deep fried. But usually my mamma and I preferred steamed muthiya .
Gretaed veggies are mixed with flours to make soft dough and at the end delicate tempering is used to enhance the flavors.there are many varieties in this recipe like Rice Muthiya,mix vegetable mutghiya ,cabbage muthiya,bottle gourd/lauki/doodhi muthiya etc..
Muthiya can be serve with Green chutney and masala tea.
So today ,I am sharing Doodhi Muthiya recipe and here we goooooo
Recipe Details below:
- Bottle gourd ,grated - 1 medium size
- Gram flour/besan - 3 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour - 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tbsp
- Oil -1/2 tsp
- Backing soda - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander,chopped - 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder - 1tsp
- Tumeric powder - a pinch
- White sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Semolina / sooji - 1 tbsp
- Yogurt /dahi -1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds -1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 5-6 nos
- Coriender for garnishing
- Turn on the flame and put streamer on that to boil water enough.and also greese a plate with oil and keep it aside.
- In mixing bowl ,add grated doodhi/lauki/bottle gourd.
- Now add besan/gram flour,semolina,ginger garlic paste,salt,sugar,corienderleaves,all spices,backing soda ,oil,and mix them wwell
- Greese your palm with oil. Take this mixture and roll it to medium thick rolls.
- Now put this rolls on greesed plate and put the plate into the steamer and steam this muthiya for almost 15 mins on high flame.
- Check with toothpick. If it comes out clean then its done.
- Slice this rolls.
- Heat oil in pan.add mustard seeds,cumin seeds.
- When seeds crakle add sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- Add sliced muthiya into pan and mix them.
- Now,cook this muthia for 5 mins on high flame .
- Garnish with coriemnder.
- Serve hot with green chutney and tea.
- We are adding backing soda in this recipe to make muthiya soft in texture however you can avoid this ingredient.
- You can make your instant steamer as I do here.put water in deep pan and put sieve/channi on that.
- In step 11, we again cook muthiya on high flame.this is because i want to make my outer layer crispy.