Today I am sharing one classic ,delicious yet very simple Aloo-Methi subji recipe. This winning combination of potatoes /Aloo and fresh fenugreek Leaves/Methi in dry curry form,is common in every Indian home(specially north Indian home).
Here are the Ingredients:
- Potatoes - 3 medium sized,boiled
- Fenugreek leaves/methi - 1 cup
- Ginger-Green chilli paste - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for tempering
- Turmeric powder/Haldi powder - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida/Hing - 1/2 tsp
- First put potatoes in cooker and pressure cook this for almost 5-8 mins. At same time, wash fenugreek leaves properly,chop them properly.
- Now,heat oil in pan or kadhai.add mustard seeds,cumin seeds.
- When they crackle,add asafoetida,ginger-chilli paste and saute for a while.
- After that,add chopped,washed fenugreek leaves and again saute this for 5 mins.
- Add turmeric powder,chilli powder,salt,and boil potatoes.mix all these ingredients very well & cook for 5-10 mins.
- Sprinkle some coriender.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.