Recipe : Methi Matar Malai /Fenugreek in roasted creamy onion gravy/how to make methi matar malaiPriya Joshi | Jan 29, 2015 | 1 Comment so far
This recipe goes well with Parathas, Roti,Naan and Rice too. This is winning recipe- i must say,i can have this dish anytime. It's Delicious,Creamy,Smooth texture with Richness of cashews,flavor of roasted onion, fresh fenugreek leaves and mutter makes it unique.
Recipe Details below:
- onion - 1 cup , diced
- Matar - 1 cup,boiled
- garlic cloves - 5-6 nos
- tomato - 1/2 ,diced
- salt-to taste
- sugar - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek leaves - 1 bunch,wahsed, roughly chopped
- fresh cream - 1/2 cup ,approx
- fresh milk - 1 - to - 2 tbsp
- oil - 3 tbsp
- Everest Kitchen king masala /garam masala - a pinch
- water - 3 cups( to boil fenugreek leaves)
- cashew nuts- 2 tbsp
- first step is to boil fenugreek leaves. Heat 3 cups of water in deep pan and add fresh fenugreek leaves into that. Cook it for 5-6 mins.blanch the leaves.
- In the pan, heat 1 tbsp oil.
- add diced onion,garlic,tomato and green chilli and roast them for 5 mins-also add cashew nuts.
- Let it cool down.
- Make fine paste of these.
- Now, heat oil in the same pan. add cumin seeds . when seeds crackle add onion paste and cook them well.(for 8 mins approx)
- add salt,pinch of turmeric powder,kitchen king masala and mix them.
- Now, add boiled mutter and blanched leaves.
- mix them well and again cook for 3-4 mins.
- At last, add fresh cream and milk togather and mix well.
- cook them for 2 mins if you want quiet thick gravy.
- Serve hot with any indian bread...
- I am Using Home-made Cream HERE
- you can avoid turmeric powder if you want gravy in white color.
- you can avoid tomato - Instead of tomato use drymango powder.
- I am roasting onions and other gravy ingredients first because it enhances the flavour and also to make onion sweeter - as it becomes sweet while roasting however you can make direct paste of it.
- Check out my tutorial on How To Preserve Matar.
Till next post