Recipe: Sooji ka Halwa, how to make suji halwaPriya Joshi | Dec 20, 2014 | Be the first to comment!
here i'm with another very famous,delicious indian sweet recipe "Sooji ka Halwa"(Semolina Pudding) and is made on religious occasions as prasaad(Offering to God).
For Halwa you need
- Sooji (semolina/rawa) roasted- approx 1 cup
- dryfruits - for garnishing
- Ghee - 6 to 8 tbsp
- sugar - 1 1/2 cup
- milk - 1 cup
- saffron - pinch
- Green cardamom powder - 1 tsp
- water - if needed
- heat ghee in Kadhai and roast semolina till light brown.
- Add milk and saffron,cook over medium flame,stirring continuously till thick.(Note:if the mixture is still dry after adding milk,add warm water as per you need)
- now add sugar and keep stirring till it begins to come away from the sides of pan.
- turn off flame and garnish with dry fruits.
- serve hot.