Recipe: Naylon Dhoklaa,how to make khaman with fruit saltPriya Joshi | Dec 7, 2014 | 2 Comments so far
Today i'm going to share one very delious famous gujrati recipe.......DHOKLA.
Dhokla is very famous Vegetarian gujrati farsan.it is very very delious and tempting in taste.Dhokla is usually serve well with tamarind chutney or Mint-Coriender Chutney or Garlic chutney ..
For dhokla u need.....
Ingredients for dhokla:
- Besan -around 1 1/2 cup
- Sooji - 2tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Sugar - 3 1/2 tsp
- Fruit salt - 1 1/2 tsp
- Oil - for greesing
- Citric acid 1/2 tsp or lemon juice 1 tsp
- Oil - 1tsp
- Mustard seed - 1 tsp
- Sesame seed - 1/2 tsp
- Green chili chopped - 2 medium
- Curry patta -5-8 leaves
- Coriander for garnishing
- Asafoetida -pinch
- Grated coconut for garnishing
- Mix all ingredients of dhokla, except fruitsalt in bowl and add water as per our need ( approx 3/2 cup) to make a thick batter.
- Now prepare your steamer.
- Just before steaming,add fruitsalt and 2tsp water.
- When bubble form ,mix it very well.
- Pour this batter into the greesed thali.
- Steam this batter for 15-20 mins and keep aside.
- Heat oil in small pan.add mustard seed.
- When seeds crackle,add sesame seeds ,asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add chopped green chili.
- Saute chili for a while.
- Pour this tadka on dhokla.
- Garnish with coriander and grated coconut.
- Serve with Coriender-Mint Chutney .